Welcome to Maass Media!

My goal for this blog is to share the music I listen to with as many people as possible.  If this is your first time here, all you need to know is that everyday I post good songs from different genres of music.  There is a list of genres on the left - clicking on a genre will lead you to a list of songs (with links to hear them) that I have posted on my blog. 

Any time you see a portion of text in brown that means it's a link.  If you want to leave a comment, click on the comment box at the bottom of the post you want to comment on.  Rock on!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Cutler, Crown City Rockers, and... that's it.

Let's play a game.  I call it Match the Stat Line to the QB (creative name, right?).
QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int

1.
17 28 60.7 243 243.0 8.7 0
2.
14 21 66.7 110 110.0 5.2 0


3.
26 34 76.5 358 358.0 10.5 1
4.
17 36 47.2 277 277.0 7.7 4
5.
17 28 60.7 184 184.0 6.6 

A.  Brett Farve
B.  Drew Brees
C.  Aaron Rodgers
D.  Peyton Manning
E.  Jay Cutler

I'll give you one hint:  Jay Cutler did NOT have the best night out of the 5 QBs.  Post your answers in the comments box, and no cheating please.

If you watched the first half of the Bears game, it was easy to think that Cutler was a bust.  I'm not too worried, though.  He had a strong 2nd half, and he looks like he's developing a connection with my boy Jhonny Knox.  Knox is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the Bears.  I've posted a video of Johnny below, courtesy of DraftGuys.com.  Let's not forget that downright sexy bomb to Hester for a TD.  As long as the receivers mature as the season progresses, our offense should be alright.  Is a Marvin Harrison signing completely out of the question?  A strong veteran presence would be beneficial to our young receiving corps.  It certainly wouldn't hurt that Harrison is famed for his ability to run routes with precision - an ability our players lack *cough* Desmond Clark *cough*.



Personally, I'm more worried about Urlacher's wrist injury.  Losing him in the 4th quarter was a big reason why Rodgers was able to march down the field and hand us such a heartbreaking loss.  Let's pray he's healthy for the Steelers next week.  If he's not, things could get pretty ugly.


UPDATE:  Urlacher out for the season .  How long 'til Spring Training?


Speaking of things getting ugly, how about Donovan McNabb and his broken rib?  He's out for next week and questionable after that.  Backup QB Michael Vick has one week left on his suspension, so the ball may go to Jeff Garcia next Sunday.  Could we be seeing Michael Vick in uniform as soon as week 3?  The fans in Philly are notorious for being rude and obnoxious, so I wonder how they'll react if Vick is handed the pigskin.  If he does, I can't wait to see the kinds of posters at the game.  On a side note, I read in Sports Illustrated's Sign of the Apocalypse that you can buy football jerseys that your dog can wear.  And yes, you can get a Michael Vick jersey.


In musicland, I have my friend Alan Dennison to thank for introducing me to the hip-hop group Crown City Rockers.  Unlike most hip-hop groups, this group performs and records with live instruments.  In fact, many of their songs are performed with over 20 musicians.  They make fine use of violin, piano, guitar, bass, and percussion, among other instruments.  Here's one of my personal favorites right now, Fortitude (the Gift of Gab), off their album Earth Tones.





Peace!

No comments: